Hydrogen

PlayStation 5 Released Specs Speculation May Be Actually True

Good afternoon everyone, image.thumb.png.760651224cd2c78f8e16cc7a196b27cc.png

Have you ever seen a dripping water pipe? It seems a game developer from a studio has leaked critical information about the all new next-generation console, the PlayStation 5. Previously, I had revealed some recent PS5 Patents from Sony that were released around March and even new ones on April 5th. These images were focused towards the Virtual Reality concepts, but before I get into the patents, I want to jump straight into the main idea of this article. You've been asking for some specs, and to be honest, throughout every rumor we've received, I can tell you for a fact these are it. 

To begin with, previous consoles always receive a type of code name. For example, the Nintendo Switch NX and PS4 NEO ― the PlayStation 5 will be named "Project Epsilon". Epsilon is the 5th letter of the Greek alphabet. Did you get the picture? 5th letter... PlayStation 5? As I pull up information, there has been new slides that were sent out to a few people that contain a lot of confidential information pertaining to the PS5. It conveyed the main specs for the console and the main focus they're trying to achieve. If you're a person that wants a powerful console, this might make your day. Let's jump right into the specs.

Specs 

Central Processing Unit -  AMD "Zen" also known as Ryzen. This will be a single-chip custom processor.
Graphics Processing Unit - 14.20 Tflops, AMD "Navi" Graphics Engine (AMD New Generation Graphics System).
Memory - 32Gb GDDr6 Technology (1T SSD Storage). 

For those wondering, what in the world is a TeraFlop? To give you an exact definition, quoting DigitalTrends.com:

TFLOP is a bit of shorthand for “teraflop,” which is a way of measuring the power of a computer-based more on mathematical capability than GHz. A teraflop refers to the capability of a processor to calculate one trillion floating-point operations per second."

With this in mind, that to me sounds impressive. I recently posted a tweet a few days ago talking about the early specs for the PS5 and all of them seem about right pertaining towards the CPU and GPU. These new graphics are extremely different and powerful that we have never seen before on other consoles. As I have heard, these are going to the "DevKits" that was rumored to be sent out to game developers a while ago. Note to self, they are still going to be available with retail consoles, but probably a bit lowered from DevKits. So no, 1Tb SSD Memory will probably not happen for first edition consoles and other performances.  

Furthermore, given this data, what do you guys think? Especially for reverse engineers, do you think this is something a programmer can tackle? As seen before, the PlayStation 4 used a processor named SAMU which was the mitochondria of the console. Could this be easy or complex? Hopefully, we get to find out soon when we gather enough data. Let's just hope they don't screw up with their updates once again.

Graphics and Backwards Compatibility

On the other hand, besides from specs, I wanted to focus on the main idea Sony has been trying to push out. We're in the time of age where technology is becoming this big bubble that everyone enjoys being inside of. Sony has been trying to surpass their limits when it comes to graphics. Pointing back to the GPU, 14.20 Tflops is insane for a console, and the reason for that may be because they're wanting to get the VR ready. If you remember a few months ago, I revealed some hidden patents that conveyed images of the PS5 and how it was going to look (PS5, Controller, and VR.). What I started to notice was a big hit to the forehead. They all contained images of... virtual reality? How so? This might be the console that wants VR to explode into the gaming world. 

image.png.18dfb94cf8d5123b2c494f24351110c2.pngimage.png.f80a499478db83ae5dcb7dc02ff925b5.png

If they want to make VR the best environment to play on, this might be the reason for all their AMD implements directly tackling graphics. I've seen algorithmics dealing with complex mathematics for the VR, and let me tell you if I understood any of it. Besides VR, quality purposes for tv/monitor are going to be pretty fantastic. To quote from the private slides:

"4K Display Support for UHDTV owners. Native Ultra HD Resolution. Improvements also on HDTVs through supersampling." 

This sums up the reason for the powerful hardware, and for those who have no idea what any of this means, the quality will blow your mind. If you don't own a 4K TV the console will try its best to adapt to your tv/monitor and make the graphics automatically be the best it could be. In addition, the PS5 will be backward compatible meaning all your old PS4/PS4 PRO games can be played on the new console... for one exception. The game developer needs to send out some patches for the game to be playable on a new gen. We could for sure see any popular game be migrated to the next one (if they don't plan on making a new game any time soon.) If they manage to patch it, the games will receive new graphics that will become slightly better. Here are concepts from their official patents that my close friend @CyberNomadic translate for me, thank you so much, man!

image.png.e2a0628b1cc85b1a4f8e1c31ab83a397.pngimage.png.bf37251de4705966dac2478f28a361dc.png

Release Date

Important to realize, the answer everyone has been waiting for. When is the console being released? Well, we have a few ideas when it could drop. A Twitter user who was pretty knowledgeable back then told Marcus Stellars, another confident news source, that DevKits were being sent out to studios. What was crazy was that he pointed out hints that next-gen consoles have the biggest possibility of dropping next year in 2019. The community, on the other hand, believe 2020 is a perfect year to start saving up, but if we do the math. PS3 to PS4 lasted six years. PS4 to PS5 is going to mark its 6th year anniversary in 2019, so that is a big outcome from my theory. 

As a result, the console itself is gigantic and could be the next step to becoming a monster house filled with energy. The graphics on a 4K TV will look beautiful and sharp — especially for racing games, Grand Theft Auto V, and First Person Shooters. We couldn't forget about the all-new remastered Spyro Trilogy! 

What is your opinion guys? Are you interested in the upcoming console? It might sound crazy knowing time has been flying that quick, but I guess we've been spoiled with PS4. Let's take this with a grain of salt, but this does sum up a lot of evidence. If you're interested seeing more images for the PS5, you can visit this official site that releases Sony Patents. Enjoy them and try staying active every day there to see if any ones drop!

I'm not sure how realistic this is, as the pricing on 1TB SSD is around $400 just that. It would be so expensive.

1 hour ago, Octolus said:

I'm not sure how realistic this is, as the pricing on 1TB SSD is around $400 just that. It would be so expensive.

They targetted these as "DevKits" and those aren't supposedly the official retail consoles. So the prices and hardware details aren't going to be the same.

2 hours ago, Octolus said:

Have to remember though when you go to mass production, these things are much cheaper, though I too doubt retail consoles will have SSD's for storage, but at least 1TB is a 100% must for consoles nowdays.

1 hour ago, Specter said:

Have to remember though when you go to mass production, these things are much cheaper, though I too doubt retail consoles will have SSD's for storage, but at least 1TB is a 100% must for consoles nowdays.

It really is a must, but yeah you are right. I believe the next console will be very pricey. Phones with way lower specs are in their thousands now, so.. It's time for the consoles to increase to the thousands too maybe lol

2 minutes ago, Octolus said:

It really is a must, but yeah you are right. I believe the next console will be very pricey. Phones with way lower specs are in their thousands now, so.. It's time for the consoles to increase to the thousands too maybe lol

PS5 rumored to be around $600 which before the PS4 was $399 at launch. Even then, we could probably see a spike in the price for "newer" technology.